Re: [Gluster-devel] Issues and PR's on the GlusterFS github repos

From: Justin Clift
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Issues and PR's on the GlusterFS github repos
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:15:21 +1000

On 29/05/2013, at 9:56 AM, Joe Julian wrote:
<snip>
> If there is a CONTRIBUTING file, it does show up when you open a pull request:

Yep.  We have an existing "CONTRIBUTING" file, but it seems targeted to a
different
purpose:

  Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1

  By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:

  (a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I
      have the right to submit it under the open source license
      indicated in the file; or

  (b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
      of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source
      license and I have the right under that license to submit that
      work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part
      by me, under the same open source license (unless I am
      permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated
      in the file; or

  (c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other
      person who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified
      it.

  (d) I understand and agree that this project and the contribution
      are public and that a record of the contribution (including all
      personal information I submit with it, including my sign-off) is
      maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with
      this project or the open source license(s) involved.

To solve this we could add something to the top like:

  PLEASE NOTE - GitHub pull requests aren't accepted.  All GlusterFS
  development, including all patch submissions, is done using a peer
  review process co-ordinated here:

    http://review.gluster.org

  PLEASE submit patches through the above website, where they'll be
  happily attended to. :)

  Full GlusterFS developer workflow instructions are here if that's
  useful:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Development_Work_Flow

Sound ok?

Regards and best wishes,