Re: [Gluster-devel] Issues and PR's on the GlusterFS github repos

From: Michael Brown
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Issues and PR's on the GlusterFS github repos
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 22:46:38 -0400

On 13-05-28 07:08 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> Automatic bots like that are also pretty rude.  People can take
> many hours of their time putting together patches... to then have
> them auto-rejected without someone even looking at them is crappy.
There's a right way and a wrong way to do this, certainly. There's a
world of difference between:
"Sorry, we not accept pull requests here. [CLOSED]"
and:
"Thank you for your contribution to Gluster! Code submissions and review
actually happen at $URL, not here at GitHub.

Please review the [Contribution Guidelines] and submit your request
using this process."
> I know of some projects that do this, and it's not good.  Not sure
> of "the right way" to do this though. :/
Speaking from experience[1]¸it'd be a lot nicer to get immediate
feedback with a nudge to the correct submission process than to have it
sit idle for 4 days and only see crickets. You don't even have to close
it; let the OP do that.

M.

[1]: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/pull/14

--
Michael Brown               | `One of the main causes of the fall of
Systems Consultant          | the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero,