Re: [Gluster-devel] using 'option transport.socket.own-thread on'

From: John Smith
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] using 'option transport.socket.own-thread on'
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 18:34:38 +0200

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Jeff Darcy <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 06/02/2013 06:01 PM, John Smith wrote:
>>
>> cat/usr/lib*/glusterfs/$VERSION/filter/multi-thread.sh
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> sed -i 's/.*type protocol.*/&\n    option transport.socket.own-thread on/'
>> $1
>>
>> and do './run-tests'. tests that otherwise succeed either fail or hang.
>

> With http://review.gluster.org/#/c/5137/ I still see some failures, but only
> the same sort as I usually do because my test machines aren't configured
> exactly like our outdated build machines.  There were no hangs, which I had
> been able to reproduce before the patch.

Thats great, thanks. I pretty new to git though, so im not sure how I
would go about applying that patch locally before it gets
merged/committed.

Should I just create a new local branch (git branch bug-foo && git
checkout foo), and then do 'git fetch
git://review.gluster.org/glusterfs refs/changes/37/5137/1 && git
checkout FETCH_HEAD' (as cut n pasted from the patch review page) ?

- John Smith.