Re: [Gluster-devel] The return of the all-null pending matrix

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] The return of the all-null pending matrix
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 22:49:24 +0530

On 07/18/2013 03:13 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 02:14:01AM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
After hours of building, the warnings still appear sometime in the logs,
but the processes using the filesystem still see no error. Disableing
eager locks seems to work around the issue. But what does that mean?

And after days of testing, it still seems fine. Do you have a plan to
track down the bug? Or shall I just submit a change so that eager locks
can be disabled at build time?

I have not been able to re-create the problem in my setup. I think it would be a good idea to track this bug and address it. For now, can we not use the volume set mechanism to disable eager-locking?

-Vijay