Re: [Gluster-devel] [Feature request]: Regression to take more patches i

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] [Feature request]: Regression to take more patches in single instance
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 04:49:03 -0700

On 7/31/13 4:35 AM, Amar Tumballi wrote:
Hi,

I was trying to fire some regression builds on very minor patches today,
and noticed (always known, but faced pain of 'waiting' today) that we
can fire regression build on only one patch (or a patchset if its
submitted with dependency added while submitting). And each regression
run takes approx 30mins.

With this model, we can at max take only ~45 patches in a day, which
won't scale up if we want to grow with more people participating in code
contribution. Would be great to have an option to submit regression run
with multiple patch numbers, (technically they should be applicable one
top of other in any order if not dependent), and it should work fine.
That way, we can handle more review load in future.

Regards,
Amar

Amar,
This thought has crossed my mind before. It needs some scripting in the Jenkins 'regression' job. Can you give it a shot and send out the change for review? If not I can look into it a few days.

Avati