Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS Documentation improvements

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS Documentation improvements
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 00:23:52 +0530

On 07/31/2013 10:08 PM, Lubomir Rintel wrote:
Hello again,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Vijay Bellur <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/30/2013 06:56 PM, Lubomir Rintel wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've found GlusterFS documentation hard to follow. I've often found
resources useful to me only by accident, scattered across the wiki, in
source tree, blogs or presentation slides.
I would very much like to help improve the situation (as time would
permit)
Thanks for your effort in putting this together. I am all for getting
documentation to a better place than where it is today and given where we
are, it might not be a very hard exercise initially ;-).

thanks a lot for your responses, they've been very useful and cleared
up the situation to me.

I've now set up a branch where I'll be progressing with cleaning the
documentation up (as I get familiar with markdown and review the
obsolete content) as time will permit. I'll try to upstream the
changes early once I'm happy with them:
https://github.com/lkundrak/glusterfs/commits/lr-doc

Looks like there has been a good amount of work already. Happy to collaborate once the changes are upstream!

Also, I upload the pandoc-rendered here, just in case anyone else
finds it useful. It has not fancy stuff enabled, not even split into
chapters, style sheets or even TOC; I merely use it to verify that I
got the markdown right:
http://fedorapeople.org/~lkundrak/gluster-doc/

Thanks, we need to get a few things right in markdown but we can get it working incrementally.

-Vijay

Have a nice day!
Lubo