Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS test on FreeBSD

From: Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS test on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:40:59 -0400

On 08/12/2013 12:19 PM, Mike Ma wrote:
Hi Kaleb,

I've recently managed to mount and use a gluster volume on FreeBSD, with
the latest FreeBSD head.
So maybe the next step is to test it with some test suites?
Can I ask what benchmarks you normally use?
What tests should I pass?

In the source tree there is a test subdir containing both smoke and regression tests. Ideally these would all pass; run them with the perl-Test-Harness package.

Beyond that you can also run a couple iozone tests on a client where the volume is mounted.

BTW, I'm wondering when would be good to send you the changes for reviewing.

Rather than send it to me, I would suggest you create an account on review.gluster.org and submit your patch for review by the community.

My git repo still needs some cleanup work at this moment.

--
Cheers,
Mike

--