Re: [Gluster-devel] Proposal for Gluster 3.5: New test framework

From: Justin Clift
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Proposal for Gluster 3.5: New test framework
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:41:37 +0100

On 14/08/2013, at 5:30 PM, John Mark Walker wrote:
> Justin & Avati - have you looked into how OpenStack does automated testing?

Yeah.  There are two projects I'm aware of for the
OpenStack testing.  The main official OpenStack one
is called Tempest:

  https://github.com/openstack/tempest

It's not suitable as it requires an existing OpenStack
infrastructure to be in place, ready for use.

The other project is one for testing OpenStack with
the node management done using Ansible:

  https://github.com/ansible/ansible-redhat-openstack

If do we decide to use a config management framework
for the multi node stuff (eg Puppet/Chef/Ansible),
then Ansible might be a decent choice.  I'm hoping
we don't really need to do this though. :)

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift