Re: [Gluster-devel] Proposal for Gluster 3.5: Better peer identification

From: Justin Clift
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Proposal for Gluster 3.5: Better peer identification
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:26:13 +0100

On 14/08/2013, at 9:10 AM, Anand Avati wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:05 AM, Kaushal M <address@hidden> wrote:
<snip>
> We recently had a mailing list discussion about the current problems
> with peer identification and handling multiple networks. This proposal
> is regarding better identification of peers.
<snip>

Created an initial stub proposal page for this on the wiki:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Better_peer_identification

Mainly by coping the detailed description bits of Kaushal's email, and
adding some flavour with Avati's comments too. :)

Kaushal, you'll probably need to go through that wiki page to fill
out the sections I left at the template defaults ("Scope" onwards).

Hopefully that helps. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--