[Gluster-devel] Fwd: [Gluster-users] FileSize changing in GlusterNodes

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Fwd: [Gluster-users] FileSize changing in GlusterNodes
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:53:04 +0530

File size as reported on the mount point and the bricks can vary because of this code snippet in iatt_from_stat():

        {
                uint64_t maxblocks;

                maxblocks = (iatt->ia_size + 511) / 512;

                if (iatt->ia_blocks > maxblocks)
                        iatt->ia_blocks = maxblocks;
        }

This snippet was brought in to improve accounting behaviour for quota that would fail with disk file systems that perform speculative pre-allocation.

If this aides only specific use cases, I think we should make the behaviour configurable.

Thoughts?

-Vijay