Re: [Gluster-devel] [RFC ] dictionary optimizations

From: Xavier Hernandez
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] [RFC ] dictionary optimizations
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 10:27:24 +0200

I would also like to note that each node can store multiple elements. Current implementation creates a node for each byte in the key. In my implementation I only create a node if there is a prefix coincidence between 2 or more keys. This reduces the number of nodes and the number of indirections.

Each node stores the key from the beginning to allow very fast lookup by a single memcmp().

In normal situations, this implementation is very fast and very efficient in space.

Greetings,

Xavi

Al 04/09/13 10:10, En/na Xavier Hernandez ha escrit:
Al 04/09/13 02:55, En/na Anand Avati ha escrit: