Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Peers rejected, broken setup

From: Krishnan Parthasarathi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Peers rejected, broken setup
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:09:29 -0400 (EDT)

Nux,

To check volume configurations, as seen by glusterds on different
nodes, you could see the contents of the following file for a given
volume.

/var/lib/glusterd/vols/<VOLNAME>/info

For eg. you must see something similar to,
address@hidden codebase]# cat /var/lib/glusterd/vols/vol/info
type=0
count=2
status=1
sub_count=0
stripe_count=1
replica_count=1
version=3  -------------------> see if this key,value pair is different in the
peer-rejected node.
transport-type=0
volume-id=1fb1af81-e71b-4d5d-ba03-bc9584ad88c1
username=8d1f65df-1efa-437d-b60d-9e3f28d1adb3
password=d211a394-bd3c-4cd8-b58b-7e27e02bcbd0
features.quota=on
brick-0=trantor:-gfs-brick1
brick-1=trantor:-gfs-brick2

Once, you know that one of them has the volume in the state you think
it ought to be, you pick that as the source of truth. Once that is done,
follow the steps described here on the other (rejected) peer,
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Resolving_Peer_Rejected

Hope that helps,
krish