Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Peers rejected, broken setup

From: Nux!
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Peers rejected, broken setup
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:39:37 +0100

On 26.09.2013 03:41, Vijay Bellur wrote:
On 09/26/2013 12:45 AM, Nux! wrote:
On 25.09.2013 18:24, Vijay Bellur wrote:
On 09/25/2013 08:50 PM, Nux! wrote:
On 25.09.2013 15:42, Nux! wrote:
Hello,

I'm currently using 4 servers with various types of volumes on them, today I noticed 2 of them report the other 2 as "peer rejected" and
viceversa.
Where do I even begin to debug this? I don't see anything meaningful
in the logs.
Any pointers?

"Peer rejected" is seen if there is a volume configuration mismatch
between peers. Can you check if there is a mismatch in volume
configuration between the two sets of peers?

I have checked the volumes "info" files following Krishnan's advice and
they seem to have the same data, though oddly not exactly in the same
place, e.g. some have auth.allow above rpc.auth-allow and it's
counterpart info files from other servers have it the other way around, but the values are identical. Aren't these files supposed to be 100% the
same?

The ordering need not be the same. Can you please verify if there's a
difference in the content of this file on all peers:

/var/lib/glusterd/vols/<volname>/cksum

That file seems to differ between pair of servers, so it's the same on the replica members, but it's different from the one on the rejected peers.
Only one volume has the same cksum the same across all servers.

What's next?

Nux!
www.nux.ro