Re: [Gluster-devel] RPMs for 3.5

From: Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] RPMs for 3.5
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 07:44:41 -0400

On 10/18/2013 02:06 AM, Joe Julian wrote:
Pre-release rpms and tarballs are available from bits.gluster.org

On 10/17/2013 7:20 PM, Paul Cuzner wrote:
Hi,

I see from the original schedule for 3.5, beta is scheduled for the 29th.

Can you tell me whether rpms will be available for the beta, from
download.gluster.org?

Yes, tarballs of every "release" — could be a QA, Alpha, Beta, or GA release — are available from http://bits.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/src/. A "release" happens every time someone runs a "release" job on the GlusterFS Jenkins.

Selected non-GA releases are compiled into RPM packages and YUM repos are created at http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/. (The tarballs are also available from there, in their respective YUM repo subdir.)

But we haven't released anything for 3.5 yet — no QA, no Alpha, no Beta. In fact we haven't even branched the source tree for 3.5 yet. So it's a teeny bit premature to be asking about beta. I'd hazard a guess that the schedule is slipping a bit.

--

Kaleb