Re: [Gluster-devel] Glupy bugs: found the solution?

From: Justin Clift
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Glupy bugs: found the solution?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:38:38 +0000

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:34:33 -0400
Luis Pabon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>      On the python bindings side, we have hired a new developer to spend
> his time divided between gluster-swift and the python bindings for gfapi
> (and probably Java binding on some future date).  His name is Thiago da
> Silva and he started a few weeks ago.
>
>      The gluster-swift project will require, in the near future, to move
> from using FUSE to libgfapi, and so we really need to the python
> bindings to become a real project:  python exceptions, unit tests,
> functional tests, documentation, releases, etc.

Excellent.  Sounds good to me. :)

>      We are also planning on moving the bindings away from the glusterfs
> repo to a new repo.

That's interesting.  What's the benefit from having it in it's own repo?

Is there any chance that could let us have Libgfapi (client side) be
cross platform?  eg Windows, OSX, (Android?), *BSD clients be able to
connect to Linux Gluster servers?

> We have been really busy working on SWAuth for
> Gluster-swift, but we plan on using the same development workflow as
> gluster-swift in python-libgfapi repo.
>
>      Here is the repo information:
> Public Repo: https://github.com/gluster/libgfapi-python (for some reason
> it is not syncing with Gerrit.  I'll ping Avati)
> Gerrit:  http://review.gluster.org/libgfapi-python

Neither of those URL's work atm.  Guess they will in future. :)

+ Justin

--
Justin Clift <address@hidden>