[Gluster-devel] Rebalance Query

From: Paul Cuzner
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Rebalance Query
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:55:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I was asked today about the relative priority of rebalance.

>From what I understand, gluster does not perform any rate-limiting on
>rebalance or even geo-rep. Is this the case?

Also, assuming that we don't rate-limit rebalance, can you confirm whether
rebalance fops are lower priority than client I/O and if there are any
mechanisms to influence the priority of the rebalance. Again from what I can
see this isn't possible.

Cheers,

Paul C