Re: [Gluster-devel] Could we add a MAINTAINERS file to the glusterfs sou

From: John Mark Walker
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Could we add a MAINTAINERS file to the glusterfs sources?
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 13:28:36 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----

> Sounds like a good idea. A good way to figure out reviewers for a
> particular directory might be to identify members in the community who
> have contributed and/or reviewed more than X percentage of patches in
> that particular directory. X should be significant and a good starting
> value can be 25.

I just want to point out that all contributors to the Gluster code base are "in
the community." There is no such thing as a non-community contributor to the
GlusterFS code base.

> In the case of we not having even a single individual who exceeds X, we
> can pick up the top 2-3 reviewers/code contributors.

See above - this means that Red Hat employees are also included here. Even you
:)

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but the implication, as I interpreted it,
was that somehow Red Hat contributors are not "in the community." I just want
to point out that this is incorrect. If that was not your intent and I
completely misunderstood, then my apologies :)

My 0.02 - a MAINTAINERS or CONTRIBUTORS file is a great idea. Niels, are you
volunteering? :)

-JM