Re: [Gluster-devel] autobuild fails because of network

From: Niels de Vos
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] autobuild fails because of network
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 08:45:55 +0100

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19:04PM +0530, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 11/19/2013 07:06 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I have 3 changes that have failed, apparently for network connectivity
> >problem on the build machine:
> >http://review.gluster.org/6281
> >http://review.gluster.org/6283
> >http://review.gluster.org/6287
>
> Seem to be failing because of rpm.t:
>
> Test Summary Report
> -------------------
> ./tests/basic/rpm.t                             (Wstat: 0 Tests: 5
> Failed: 1)
>   Failed test:  5
>
> Niels: Any idea on what might be causing the rpm.t failure?

rpm.t uses "mock" to rebuild the rpms inside a new+clean chroot. It will
download and cache the needed packages for setting up these chroots
(both for Fedora EPEL 5 and 6). If there is a restriction on using the
network while running "mock", we can do one of the following:

a. setup a proxy on localhost
b. setup a mirror on localhost
c. run "mock" once for caching, and update the test to use "--offline"

My personal preference goes to (a), but that may not be suitable in the
environment?

Niels