Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Debian repo and i386 builds

From: John Mark Walker
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Debian repo and i386 builds
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 16:53:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi Vadim,

The Debian repo is so strange because we don't have much Debian expertise on hand. Are you volunteering? :)

Incidentally, probably the most Ubuntu/Debian expertise we have around these parts is in the form of Louis Z (semiosis on #gluster) who maintains his GlusterFS PPA at https://launchpad.net/~semiosis

Y'all should put your heads together and help us get the .DEB packages right. I think Louis' packages are good, but they're specific to Ubuntu, and the Debian packages that exist are put together by one of our devs who perhaps isn't that experienced with DEBs.

In any case, welcome to the Gluster community. If you can help us get more updated GlusterFS packages into the standard Ubuntu releases, I will owe you a big favor.

Thanks!
JM

+ gluster-devel