[Gluster-devel] Questions on dht rebalance

From: Muralidhar Balcha
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Questions on dht rebalance
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 23:42:18 -0500

Hi,
I have couple of questions on rebalance functionality
1. When I ran rebalancing command, the gluster daemon that is responsible for migrating data is terminating itself in the middle of the data migration. I may be missing something. How do I make the daemon wait until the data migration is complete.
2. This question may not be related to rebalance adding or removing a brick from a volume. If I add a new brick to a volume that is in use, how do existing clients realize the new brick? Is there a notification mechanism that each client refreshes their client volinfo?

Thanks always for your quick responses.

--
Muralidhar Balcha
508 494 5007