[Gluster-devel] Adding Gluster support for Primary Storage in CloudStack

From: Niels de Vos
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Adding Gluster support for Primary Storage in CloudStack
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 16:08:06 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like to inform any CloudStack users that there are now patches [0]
available (for CoudStack) that make it possible to use an existing
Gluster environment as Primary Storage on CloudStack. The changes extend
CloudStack so that libvirt will be used for mounting the Gluster Volume
over the fuse-client.

Some further details and screenshots are available on my blog [1]. If
there are any CloudStack users that could test this, I'd much appreciate
that. There has been an announcement and request for review/testing on
the CloudStack developers mailinglist too [2], in case there are general
CloudStack questions, it might be better to follow-up there.

Future work will include adding support for attaching CloudStack Volumes
(disk images, files on a Gluster Volume) through the QEMU-libgfapi
integration. At the moment, QEMU is started with the path mounted over
the fuse-client. Untested patches for that are in the work-in-progress
repository on the forge. Anyone who feels like testing and/or helping
out is more than welcome.

Thanks,
Niels
[ndevos on #gluster and #gluster-dev on IRC/Freenode]

[0] https://forge.gluster.org/cloudstack-gluster
[1] http://blog.nixpanic.net/2013/12/using-gluster-as-primary-storage-in.html
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.cloudstack.devel/33878