[Gluster-devel] glusterfs file locking

From: kane
Subject: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs file locking
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 11:11:30 +0800

Hi, Rohit:

        I have googled the issue you mailed last year as below:
======
Does Gluster provide POSIX compatible file locking transparently with
multiple clients simultaneously trying to lock files on a Gluster share
with the native Gluster client?

A lot of the code in our application framework relies on file locking for
synchronization. I was running across some errors, and wanted to rule out
file locking issues – hence this question.

The gluster documentation mentions a features/posix-locks translator that
should be used for distributed file level locking. This translator can be
added using the config files as shown in the example at

http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Translators/features/locks.

However, this method of using config files doesn't seem to be available in
newer versions of Gluster, and I couldn't find an equivalent way of using
this translator using the command line.  Can someone confirm if I need to
use this translator, and how I could enable it with Gluster 3.3?
======

so as I meet this file locking usage in 3.3 too, I want to ask you what did you
deal with the lock issue at last, did the xlator lock useful?

Thanks,
Kane