Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Gluster Community Weekly Meeting

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Gluster Community Weekly Meeting
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 00:30:09 +0530

On 12/13/2013 12:18 AM, James wrote:
On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Vijay Bellur <address@hidden> wrote:
4a) Someone mentioned documentation. Please feel free to merge in
https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster/blob/master/DOCUMENTATION.md
(markdown format). I have gone to great lengths to format this so that
it displays properly in github markdown, and standard (pandoc)
markdown. This way it works on github, and can also be rendered to a
pdf easily. Example:

https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster/raw/master/puppet-gluster-documentation.pdf
   You can use the file as a template!

Again having this in gerrit would be useful for merging the puppet
documentation.

Okay, I'll try to look into Gerrit and maybe submit a fake patch for testing.
When and where (in the tree) would be a good time to submit a doc
patch? It's probably best to wait until after your docs hackathon,
right?

Just added a page in preparation for the documentation hackathon:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Submitting_Documentation_Patches

I think the puppet guide can be under a new hierarchy located at doc/deploy-guide/markdown/en-US/. You can certainly submit the puppet doc patch as part of the hackathon.

-Vijay