[Gluster-devel] [RFC] core: Introduce internal fop types.

From: Raghavendra Gowdappa
Subject: [Gluster-devel] [RFC] core: Introduce internal fop types.
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 23:39:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

It is increasingly becoming a necessity that xlators other than dht/afr to be
aware of internal fops (fops not sent by kernel). Some of the xlators that use
internal fops are:

1. changelog - to ignore link/unlink (triggered as part of rename) on
dht-linkfiles
2. posix -  to overload mknod call to act as a link if file already exists
(consumers - afr and gfid-acess)

We are seeing similar needs in quota and marker:

1. Quota-enforcer: To treat link/unlinks on dht-datafiles triggered as part of
rename equivalent to renames [1]
2. Marker: To not account dht-linkfiles

Couple of months back when working on quota, there was a consensus that
GLUSTERFS_INTERNAL_FOP_KEY is overloaded and should be cleaned up. Hence, I am
proposing to introduce internal-fop types [2]. Please let me know your opinions.

[1] http://review.gluster.com/#/c/6399/
[2] http://review.gluster.org/#/c/6497/

regards,
Raghavendra.