Re: [Gluster-devel] Fwd: Snapshot feature design review

From: Rajesh Joseph
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Fwd: Snapshot feature design review
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 02:02:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi Vijay,

The hyphenated options are used to distinguish multiple optional options used
in snapshot commands.
One case you already mention which is of Consistency Group. There are some more
cases.
e.g. In snapshot create we have to provide the volume name, snapshot name and
description. Both
snapshot name and description are optional fields.

So to handle such cases we have to replace most of the hyphenated options with
keywords, e.g. "consistency-group",
"snap-name", etc. Do you see any issues especially usability if hyphenated
options are replaced with keywords?

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh