Re: [Gluster-devel] Gluster Development Environment

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Gluster Development Environment
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 16:24:19 +0530

On 01/16/2014 06:43 AM, Lluís Pàmies i Juárez wrote:
Hello,

I'm starting some gluster development and having to deal with virtual
machines for test/debug seems a little bit to tedious. I was wondering
if there is a way to start two (or more) servers in the same machine
using different ports. Using something like that:

  # glusterfsd -f simple-server-0.vol
  # glusterfsd -f simple-server-1.vol
  # glusterfs -f simple-client.vol /mnt/data

where simple-server-0.vol simple-server-1.vol use different TCP ports?

If you are enhancing any existing functionality/translators, you can also create a volume with bricks in a single machine and test it over.

-Vijay