[Gluster-devel] A question about glusterfs dh

From: 刘新国
Subject: [Gluster-devel] A question about glusterfs dh
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 01:08:34 +0800 (CST)

Hello,
        I have studyed glusterfs for several months , resently I found a question about glusterfs's dht.
        We know that dht xlator works at client side , but I found that the server side execute the dht xlator code too . When wo execute the "gluster volume start " command , I found that every brick's root directory  have been set the "trusted.glusterfs.dht" xattr , I want to know which process and when does it set the  "trusted.glusterfs.dht" xattr . At the server side I found the glusterd process , glusterfs-nfs process and processes for brick , I just want to know which process set the  "trusted.glusterfs.dht" xattr , and who allocate the hash-range to these bricks before the "trusted.glusterfs.dht" xattr had been set . I have  debuged all the glusterd process , glusterfs-nfs process and processes for brick , but I cant not find any of them done that , please help me. Thanks!

--a student favorite glusterfs