[Gluster-devel] a question again , about the dht

From: 刘新国
Subject: [Gluster-devel] a question again , about the dht
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 19:44:02 +0800 (CST)

Hello,

In glusterfs server side , when we do the "volume start" commond , every brick's root directory will be set the "tursted.glusterfs.dht" xattr and will be assigned a hash-range , as soon as the commond returned successfully . we know that the function "dht_selfheal_layout_new_directory()" do the hash-range assign work , but when I make a breakpoint at function "dht_selfheal_layout_new_directory()" in the attached process "glusterd" before doing the "volume start" commond , the "glusterd" process won't stop at the breakpoint and the "tursted.glusterfs.dht" xattr of every brick's root directory still be set successfully . Why ? Did I attached the wrong process ? What shoud I do to let the hash-range assigning work stop so I can follow the assigning work step by step ?

hope to get help,
thanks,
Xinguo