[Gluster-devel] libgfapi threads

From: Kelly Burkhart
Subject: [Gluster-devel] libgfapi threads
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:52:38 -0600

Hello, I'm working through using libgfapi and am curious about the number of background threads started.  I have a simple cluster with four bricks on four peers.  On my client machine I run a program that does this:

glfs_new()
glfs_set_volfile_server()
glfs_set_logging()
glfs_init()
pause()
glfs_fini()
pause()

At the first pause, right after glfs_init, there are four child threads created.  Is it a coincidence that the api creates the same number of threads as cluster peers?  I'd hate to think that if I had a thousand peers I'd have a thousand threads.

Second, the threads don't shut down after the call to glfs_fini().

Can anyone shed some light on what's going on?

Thanks,

-Kelly