Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFlow (GlusterFS Analytics) 0.02

From: Niels de Vos
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFlow (GlusterFS Analytics) 0.02
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 13:13:42 +0100

On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 04:15:09AM +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Feeling inspired, so did a marathon coding
> session and created the next version of
> GlusterFlow.  It's pretty much "Analytics
> for GlusterFS".
>
>   https://github.com/justinclift/glusterflow
>
> No longer using Django & PostgreSQL, it's
> now using LogStash, ElasticSearch, and
> Kibana.
>
> If you like shiny things, this is a _very
> shiny thing_. ;) (screenshots attached)
>
> Note - This is still initial prototype code,
> working on a single node, but it shouldn't
> be too long until it's properly multi-node
> capable.
>
> Thoughts / suggestions? :)

The screenshots look very promising! Have you thought of getting some
things from the logs under /var/log/glusterfs? For me (troubleshooting
issues in disconnected mode) that would be a more useful tool. Something
that makes it possible to identify errors with specific bricks, volumes,
clients etc...

Thanks,
Niels