[Gluster-devel] Regression test failures

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Regression test failures
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:00:02 +0530

Hi All,

We have noticed an increase in number of failures for pre-commit regression test runs recently. It is not productive for any of us to have obvious regression test failures in Jenkins. Here are some thoughts on how we can help ourselves better:

1. Run regression tests on your local setup before rfc.sh. This will help in catching obvious problems.

2. If the problem happens on build.gluster.org only and not in your local setup, please try to send a patch with DEBUG=1 or set -x in the failing testcase. This will provide more verbose output and help isolate a failure.

3. Folks who have access to build.gluster.org can help by troubleshooting/isolating a problem that happens on build.gluster.org alone.

There is a plan to increase the number of Jenkins instances to run more regression tests in parallel and help us scale better. Please reach out to me offlist if you or your organization is interested in supporting a jenkins CI instance for glusterfs.

Thanks,
Vijay