Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS unit test framework

From: Luis Pabon
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS unit test framework
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 21:34:13 -0400

Hi Justin,
Do you have the logs for the build, or how to reproduce it? Let's take this offline and see what we can do.

- Luis

On 03/09/2014 09:18 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
On 06/03/2014, at 9:01 PM, Luis Pabon wrote:
Hi all,
    The patch is now live in GlusterFS.  This patch will allow you to write
unit tests for your new patches or if you want, you can start writing unit
tests for older code.  Writing unit tests for older code is a great way to
learn the code (which I will be doing :-)).  I have also created a presentation
to help explain what unit tests are:

http://slides-lpabon.rhcloud.com/feb24_glusterfs_unittest.html#/

The framework will also help in situations where developers are depending on
APIs from other contributors.  In this situation, the developer can write their
patch and test their code by mocking any APIs their code is dependent on.  This
method allows for parallel development without the need to wait for the APIs to
be available.

It turns out this patch is breaking the build on EL5. :(

Looking through the docs on your cmockery2 GitHub repo, it's
hard to tell which platforms are supported.  Should it work
on EL5? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--