Re: [Gluster-devel] GSOC-2014 and the Gluster community

From: Lalatendu Mohanty
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GSOC-2014 and the Gluster community
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 19:08:30 +0530

On 03/12/2014 06:44 PM, Kaushal M wrote:
We haven't had any noise regarding GSOC this year in the Gluster
community and haven't done anything regarding it so far (AFAIK).

The student registration for GSOC-2014 is closing on 21st March [1],
so we still have a little over 1 week to do something.

Ideally, with Gluster progressing from a project to an organization
with multiple projects, we'd have liked to participate as our own
organization this time, but it isn't possible. We can still
participate as a project under the Fedora umbrella, as we've done
previously.

There are already two entries for GlusterFS in the Fedora ideas page
for GSOC-2014 [2]. These have been copied over from the previous year.
As these were skipped over last year, I feel that these ideas weren't
particularly attractive to the students.

This mail is a call to the community for new ideas (could be something
from the trello backlog board [3]) and for mentors for these ideas,
and after we have these done a publicity drive.

Let's try to whatever is possible now to get on the GSOC train this year.

~kaushal

[1] - https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014
[2] -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2014#Applications_for_programmers