[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.6 planning summit

From: John Mark Walker
Subject: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.6 planning summit
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:40:52 -0400

Greetings,

Now that we know what is "core" and "nice to have" for 3.6, I'd like to turn our attention to having public review and discussion about 3.6 and its features in a developer event or series of events.

For a list of proposed features in 3.6, see gluster.org/36plan

There are two ways we can go about this.

1.) hold a single dev summit over one or two days - have an online session with google hangout or some other conferencing platform and have those who proposed features present information and lead a discussion about why they proposed them, what problems they solve, potential challenges in implementation, and whatever else is relevant.

2.) same as above, except have shorter sessions over more days, covering only a couple of features per day.

#1 would require a lot of your time over 2 days. #2 would require a bit of your time each day for about one week.

There are pros/cons to either method. I'd like to hear from developers which approach you'd prefer. We're looking at either the week of March 24 or March 31 to have this.