Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Bug reporting and triage guidelines

From: Justin Clift
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Bug reporting and triage guidelines
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:36:10 +0000

On 20/03/2014, at 7:31 AM, Carlos Capriotti wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice to have that page linked to "report a bug" instead of
> being redirected "pronto" to the Red Hat bugzilla page ?
>
> Also, on the bugilla page, you end up having a text window to enter your
> findings, and it has a generic template. Would it be possible to, before
> taking the user to the Red Hat Page, offer a similar window with THIS
> improved template. Of course it will need a copy and paste.
>
> I for one will update my bug reported, to include as much info as possible,
> based on this new guideline, rather than just leaving the basic info
> suggested by RH.

From memory, Bugzilla has some kind of XML-RPC interface as well
as it's Web UI one.  It might be possible to create some kind of
"nicer" bug reporting interface, using XML-RPC calls to do the
submission.

It's not my kind of thing personally, but heck, if someone has
the time and interest to do it then more power to them. :)

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift