[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs client and fuse mount working on OS X 10.9

From: Dennis Schafroth
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Glusterfs client and fuse mount working on OS X 10.9
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:37:33 +0100

I have successfully mounted a two box linux setup on OS X 10.9.

address@hidden:~/Projects/glusterfs mount
/dev/disk0s2 on / (hfs, local, journaled)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, nobrowse)
map -hosts on /net (autofs, nosuid, automounted, nobrowse)
address@hidden on /export/ds (osxfusefs, synchronous)

The build process is still not 100% working, and I won’t be able to do this right away since I am travelling to Barcelona for some days, but I wanted to share the news.

The osx-gluster repo is on forge:

address@hidden:~schafdog/glusterfs-core/osx-glusterfs.git

It uses a slightly patched libspl from maczfs which I have here:

It requires FUSE for OSX (OSXFUSE) from here:

http://osxfuse.github.io/

I was stuck for a while because I had an old version FUSE4X installed from macports, so be sure that you are using OSXFUSE. Check:  sysctl -a |grep osxfuse

The old MACFUSE won’t work either.

Have a great weekend.

cheers,
:-Dennis Schafroth