[Gluster-devel] Gluster 3.5 (latest nightly) NFS memleak

From: Giuseppe Ragusa
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Gluster 3.5 (latest nightly) NFS memleak
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:59:57 +0100

Hi all,
I'm running glusterfs-3.5.20140324.4465475-1.autobuild (from published nightly rpm packages) on CentOS 6.5 as storage solution for oVirt 3.4.0 (latest snapshot too) on 2 physical nodes (12 GiB RAM) with self-hosted-engine.

I suppose this should be a good "selling point" for Gluster/oVirt and I have solved almost all my oVirt problems but one remains: Gluster-provided NFS (as a storage domain for oVirt self-hosted-engine) grows (from reboot) to about 8 GiB RAM usage (I even had it die before, when put under cgroup memory restrictions) in about one day of no actual usage (only the oVirt Engine VM is running on one node with no other operations done on it or the whole cluster).

I have seen similar reports on users and devel mailing lists and I'm wondering how I can help in diagnosing this and/or if it would be better to rely on latest 3.4.x Gluster (but it seems that the stable line has had its share of memleaks too...).

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Giuseppe