Re: [Gluster-devel] Building gluster on OS X and fuse mount

From: Harshavardhana
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Building gluster on OS X and fuse mount
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:13:13 -0700

>> NOTE: For the "warnings" on clang, are related to strict C99 checks
>> since gluster is solely developed on GNU platforms it kind of ends up
>> using GNU extensions. We will get to this subsequently.
>
> How about adding C99 to gcc compiling as well?

To suppress some of those warnings we have to shift "clang -std=gnu89", but it
seems to be rather Xcode/Clang related as it does more stricter compilation.

Current upstream code is not compiled against gnu99 rather its gnu90 as default.
According to gcc's documentation their C99 support is substantial but
not complete.

The "warnings" i guess are okay for now, we can get to it slowly
unless they are
really killing the functionality.

Regards
--
Religious confuse piety with mere ritual, the virtuous confuse
regulation with outcomes