[Gluster-devel] Regression tests: Should we test non-XFS too?

From: Justin Clift
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Regression tests: Should we test non-XFS too?
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 16:37:48 +0100

Hi all,

At the moment our automatic regression tests only run against a
single brick filesystem type, XFS.

The next version of our automatic regression tests will create
new virtual machine instances on demand in Rackspace.

Part of this creation process formats a disk to <whatever>
filesystem type specified.  This is currently XFS.

In theory, it shouldn't be too hard to format with other
filesystem types.

So, are people interested in us running the tests on other
brick filesystem types, such as ext4? (or whatever else)

Thoughts? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--