Re: [Gluster-devel] Documentation expectations for 3.5 release

From: John Mark Walker
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Documentation expectations for 3.5 release
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 18:24:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 15, 2014 6:09 PM, Jeff Darcy <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's a developer problem *and* a user problem either way.

Right. The most productive thing we can do right now is come up with a plan for
future releases.

Because the expectations for docs were not set until the last minute, it's not
really fair to mandate them at this point in the Dev cycle. But now that you
know we're serious about it, there is an incentive to do it the right way from
now on and bake docs into the release process. I interjected not because I
thought we'd write all the docs immediately, but because I wanted to raise
awareness of the problem. And make no mistake - it is a huge problem.

Right now, let's push this release with the understanding that we need to avoid
this situation in the future. Getting adequate docs for releases is extremely
important. Let's make sure we have them in place.

-JM