Re: [Gluster-devel] enahncements in afrv1

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] enahncements in afrv1
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 17:17:51 -0700

On 04/22/2014 04:30 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
hi,
   we have some enhancements lined up for afrv1 which we are almost done
implementing. Now that there is afrv2, most of them need to be re-implemented.
Since that effort is big we request you to merge the afrv1 changes in
release-3.5 treating that as upstream branch for it. Work to re-implement them
for afrv2 will start probably by end of May. If I make some time even before it
I will post the patches upstream.

There are the enhancements:
1) Gluster volume heal <volname> info - implementation using gfapi.
http://review.gluster.org/#/q/status:open+project:glusterfs+branch:release-3.5+topic:bug-1039544,n,z

2) Metadata crash consistency.
      http://review.gluster.org/#/c/7434/ - Change in posix xlator. - this I
submitted for master as well as the change is not in afrv1.
      http://review.gluster.org/#/c/7444/ - change in afrv1.

These patches can be accepted on an exceptional basis only since reviews seem to be complete, regression tests are passing and patches do seem good to be included in release-3.5. Please ensure that we have all of this functionality in AFRv2/mainline before code freeze of 3.6 happens. It would be better if we have a tracking bug for this activity.

Regards,
Vijay