gm2

Latest GM2 binaries try to open /dev/tty (which is not always avaiable!)

From: Rudolf Schubert
Subject: Latest GM2 binaries try to open /dev/tty (which is not always avaiable!)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 10:38:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Gaius,

I recently noticed that my cgi 'stops before it really starts'.
In the web server's error log I find this line:

unable to open /dev/tty: No such device or address

So I made an strace and near program start I find this line:

openat(AT_FDCWD, "/dev/tty", O_RDONLY)  = 3

I did not change my code so this behaviour must have been introduced by
some change in other places. Is there an 'urgent' reason for this change?

BR

Rudolf

--
Rudolf Schubert                 \