Re: [Gnash] plugin updated

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] plugin updated
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:42:58 -0600

Unit3 wrote:

That's excellent news! However, on my system, rather than working, it
kills firefox. I don't see anything useful in the debug log to explain
this...

I'm not seeing any core dumping problems at all, but was last week till I fixed it. Current CVS should work fine. The previous core dump was because one of the argv[] strings was put together wrong in one spot...

Usually the only file that can effect Firefox this way is plugin.cpp. This doesn't do much now as it just fires off the standalone player with the proper command line arguments. There are more than a few debug messages in the plugin, all commented out from my own debugging. So in a pinch, you could try uncommenting a bunch of those, and they'll go in the gnash-dbg.log file. Maybe more detail would help show what's up.

To really see why Firefox is dying, you need a debug build of Firefox from source. Then you'll get all the messages. Lacking that, you might try running Firefox under strace.

        - rob -