Re: [Gnash] Gnash not finding GL/gl.h on Ubuntu Dapper.

From: unit3
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash not finding GL/gl.h on Ubuntu Dapper.
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:23:12 -0600

Richard Brooklyn wrote:
> Followed by a lot of 'not declared' errors. Obviously it's not able to
> find the gl.h file it needs. On my system, this appears to be this file:
>
> /opt/mesa/include/GL/gl.h

This is a warning sign to me. AFAIK, Debian (and Ubuntu) will *never*
install things to /opt as part of the official packages. This indicates
to me that you don't actually have the correct development packages
installed, but some probably incompatible source install.

> Doing:
> sudo ln -s /opt/mesa/include/GL /usr/include/SDL/GL
> Fixes the issue. But this is obviously a dirty DIRTY hack...

Indeed, and most likely won't work with the official Ubuntu packages either.

I'd recommend removing that symlink and getting the actual Ubuntu dev
packages installed (libgl1-mesa-dev, which should put the GL.h header
into usr/include/GL/gl.h).

Graeme