Re: [Gnash] How do you AMD64 guys get mozilla to see plugin

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] How do you AMD64 guys get mozilla to see plugin
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:27:55 -0600

annonygmouse wrote:

>> Is there a way of tracing this in mozilla?

  If you build Firefox from source with "debug" enabled, you can get all
the output. This will also print any linking errors when the plugin is
loaded by a about:plugins or playing a movie.

> Maybe if some of the people that have this same problem could
> interchange information and squeeze this nasty bug...

  That'd be nice, as I don't have access to an AMD64 system to track
this problem down myself. I'm hoping one of these days to borrow or buy
a cheap AMD64 system and load it up with a few distributions for
tracking down this sort of thing.

  If Mozilla doesn't see the plugin, then it's most always a problem
with dynamically linking the shared libraries.

        - rob -