Re: [Gnash] Time for a new tarball release?

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Time for a new tarball release?
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:52:04 +0200 (CEST)

> Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > The current gnash version seem to work a lot better than the last
> > tarball release.  Are there plans to wrap up a new tarball?
>
>    Yes, after we achieve a few goals, like getting sound working
> again.That broke when we started using a thread to load movies in the
> background, which was a major improvement to performance.

The sound broke because the gstreamer backend used a module which needed all
sound-data before playback started. This is "only" a problem with sound
streams, so event sounds should still work. The solution to the problem is
probably to use a different gstreamer module, which we will probably have to
write ourselves, or perhaps some changing in the way the code works will do...

> While I
> wouldn't expect a new tarball in the next week or so, we are working
> towards this. We'd also like the next release to include the framebuffer
> backend as well, which is lurching into functionality...

Is this the antigrain backend?

cheers,

Tomas