Re: [Gnash] Gnash plugin on AMD64 FC5 100% CPU Usage

From: Partha Bagchi
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash plugin on AMD64 FC5 100% CPU Usage
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 15:20:19 -0400

Rob Savoye wrote:
Partha Bagchi wrote:

Here is the however! However, whenever, I browse any site that has flash
on it, the CPU runs at 100% (the fan goes full blast). As soon as I move
away from the flash site, the CPU usage goes back to 0% and the fan stops.

  When you play the movie using the standalone player, do you see the
same problem ? All movies get downloaded to /tmp by the plugin.

        - rob -

Yes, when I play the movie with the standalone player, I get exactly the same behavior.

Here is the output in the terminal:
(gnash:32236): GdkGLExt-CRITICAL **: gdk_gl_drawable_make_current: assertion `GDK_IS_GL_DRAWABLE (gldrawable)' failed
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".

By the way, if you run the new charts display on yahoo (finance.yahoo.com), you get the following additional error:
gnash: impl.cpp:187: impl.cpp:187: Assertion `m_ref_count > 0' failed.
Aborted
The one at finance.google.com does not play and gives the following error:
(gnash:32282): GdkGLExt-CRITICAL **: gdk_gl_drawable_make_current: assertion `GDK_IS_GL_DRAWABLE (gldrawable)' failed

Considering that my laptop has the ATI 200 XPRESS card, the line with missing DRI is understandable. I have not been able to get direct rendering on this laptop and yet to find any driver (open or proprietary) that does DRI.

Thanks,
Partha