Re: [Gnash] Problem in compiling gnash from CVS

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Problem in compiling gnash from CVS
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:39:51 -0400

Rob Savoye wrote:

  In this case a hypen was used instead of an underbar... All these
different names for the same library are driving me nuts. I guess the
only choice is to make boost.m4 support *all* the names, which seems
silly, but effective. I assume the difference in this case that you
built Boost from source.

That's not the only choice; you can use the solution I provided instead.

You do have your work cut out for you if you pursue the approach you describe above, though. Have a look at <http://boost.org/more/getting_started.html>, under the heading "Library Name". You'll see the library name suffix can consist of the "toolset" followed potentially by "-mt" followed potentially by one or more additional letters identifying other "features" the library was built with. And, joy, it is entirely conceivable that future versions of Boost could see this list of features grow.

Braden