[Gnash] Gnash configure options

From: Miriam Ruiz
Subject: [Gnash] Gnash configure options
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:36:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I was trying to create new packages for Debian from the CVS, but it seems that
something has changed in the build system, as I got the next message:

configure: error: You must use the kde GUI ( --enable-gui=KDE ) if you enable
klash.

It seems that, at compile time, you must choose between a GUI toolkit: GTK, FB
(framebuffer), KDE or SDL, a rendering engine: OpenGL, Agg (experimental) or
Cairo (experimental), and a sound handler: SDL, GST (Gstreamer) or NO (no
sound), probably in an incompatible way. That makes a lot of possible
combinations.

If I'm not wrong, that makes a bit difficult to create binary packages for
gnash, probably not only for Debian, but also for the rest of the distros. In
fact, it's impractical to deliver packages for every possible combination.

My first idea was to build a set of different packages for each main
combination, probably GTK+OpenGL+SDL for gnash and the mozilla plugin,
KDE+OpenGL+SDL for klash and the konqueror plugin, and maybe in the future
also FB+Agg+SDL.

The first obvious problem is that the libraries for each combination would
share the same names, and so it would be impossible to have at the same time
installed the plugins for mozilla and konqueror, for example. It's also a
problem, unless the ABI was the same for every combination, to provide a
development environment in the future, when the API was stable enough.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.