[Gnash] Some test sites exposing problems in gnash

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: [Gnash] Some test sites exposing problems in gnash
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 01:10:36 +0100

I'm interested in Gnash as a free flash web plugin for the Debian Edu
custom debian distribution project.  We have collected a few test
sites on <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/FlashInDebianEdu>, and
several of them have problems.

In case you need more test sites, here are a few examples.

  Jokernord
  http://www2.nrk.no/spill/?spill=jokernord

    The main flash app just hangs during load.  The standalone player
    seem to be hanging when adding some sound sample.

  Bo i Nydalen
  http://www.boinydalen.no/

    Render part of the application as it should, but the HTML in the
    center is incorrectly rendered, and the buttons on the top do not
    work.  The webcam on the side do not work either.

  Weather station located in Grimstad, south in Norway
  http://met.hia.no/

    Starts to load, then display a message about incorrect format or
    something like that for a fraction of a second before the gnash
    player dies.

There are problems with the other examples as well.  Are there
problems with my setup, or general problems with gnash at the moment?

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen